PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — A woman was airlifted to a nearby hospital with critical injuries following a shooting in Petersburg Tuesday afternoon.
Police say it happened in the 200 block Elm Street around 3:40 p.m.
Authorities tell 8News a woman was shot in the neck area and was med-flighted to the hospital with possible life-threatening injuries. Investigators tell 8News the woman may have known the suspect.
There is no suspect information at this time, however, a vehicle may be possibly involved.
Anyone with details is asked to contact police tat (804) 861-1212.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Clouds build tonight; Rain for Tuesday
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Man accused with dumping body of 25-year-old now charged with murder
- ‘It was my fault’: Escapate owner reacts to being shut down over COVID-19 guidelines
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal