STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Stafford County woman will serve more than 35 years behind bars after intentionally killing her husband by burning his body.
Lisa Schulken Bartosch killed her husband, Schott Michael Bartosch, by pouring gasoline on him and setting him on fire, according to a 2017 investigation by Stafford County deputies.
The fire occurred on May 1 at a home on Devonshire Lane in the Hampton Oaks subdivision of Stafford County.
Bartosch’s husband later died from his injuries on May 29, according to deputies.
Lisa Schulken Bartosch pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in Sept. 2019. She was sentenced Thursday, Oct. 22, to 51 years behind bars with 13 years and nine months suspended.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Chesterfield County and Colonial Heights Crime Solvers is asking for the public's help to find two fugitives this week.
- A 'porch pirate' was caught on camera this week in Richmond. The perpetrator? Someone dressed as an Amazon delivery driver.
- A body found in Florida Wednesday is presumed to be that of a missing Massachusetts teenager, according to the Bristol County District Attorney's Office.
- Domestic violence survivor speaks out as officials say pandemic & holidays create perfect storm for violenceDomestic violence calls are up around the holidays and police say the pandemic is making matters worse.
- HOLY CROP! Deputies seek a Powhatan man accused of trespassing with an ATV and destroying crops.
- Petersburg police need the public's help identifying a suspect linked to an aggravated assault.
- Before a day of giving thanks, Virginia State Police is asking locals, in kind, to slow down, wear a seatbelt and don't drive distracted.
- Richmond police have identified as suspect in a Hull Street homicide earlier this month. Authorities are hoping the public can help reveal his whereabouts.
- LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Richmond man faces several charges — including a murder charge — after a person was found dead at a Lynchburg motel Tuesday evening. The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to a reported shooting at the Super 8 Motel at 3736 Candlers Mountain Road around 7:15 p.m. on […]
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.