RICHMOND, Va. — A woman has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for driving her car into a crowd outside a nightclub in Shockoe Bottom.
Shiauna M. Harris pleaded guilty earlier this year to killing Shanice Woodberry with her car and maliciously wounding several others in the crowd. But at her sentencing on Monday, Harris still insisted that she didn’t know she hit anyone when she fled in fear from a death threat.
Prosecutors say Harris drove into the crowd in June 2019 after a fight that started at a lounge in Richmond spilled outside. She pleaded guilty earlier this year.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Domestic violence survivor speaks out as officials say pandemic & holidays create perfect storm for violenceDomestic violence calls are up around the holidays and police say the pandemic is making matters worse.
- HOLY CROP! Deputies seek a Powhatan man accused of trespassing with an ATV and destroying crops.
- Petersburg police need the public's help identifying a suspect linked to an aggravated assault.
- Before a day of giving thanks, Virginia State Police is asking locals, in kind, to slow down, wear a seatbelt and don't drive distracted.
- Richmond police have identified as suspect in a Hull Street homicide earlier this month. Authorities are hoping the public can help reveal his whereabouts.
- LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Police say a Richmond man faces several charges — including a murder charge — after a person was found dead at a Lynchburg motel Tuesday evening. The Lynchburg Police Department says officers responded to a reported shooting at the Super 8 Motel at 3736 Candlers Mountain Road around 7:15 p.m. on […]
- Five people are wanted for using counterfeit bills to make purchases at a Walmart.
- A Publix in Chesterfield County is the latest grocery store to be robbed in RVA since Saturday.
- Several high-end grocery stores were robbed in Richmond and Henrico County over the last week.
- Virginia State Police is heading an officer-involved shooting investigation after a deputy was shot four times in Rockingham County.