NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A woman’s body was found in the water in Ocean View Friday afternoon, Norfolk Police said.
The call came in reporting the incident around 2:50 p.m. near 13th View Street, dispatchers said.
Dispatchers said the body was found in the water near a boat ramp.
Police are investigating the incident as an undetermined death.
There’s limited information at this time.
Stay with 8News for updates.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Henrico County Police Department is investigating a disturbing letter from a known hate group delivered to a resident in Sandston.
- The Ettrick Deli of River Road in Chesterfield County has been burglarized for the fifth time in three months, and now police in Chesterfield are looking for the public's help in identifying a suspect in the most recent break-in.
- More than 10 years after Samantha Clarke went missing from her home in Orange County, investigators are reclassifying the case as an abduction and murder investigation.
- Officials are reporting a possible bomb threat at the Virginia Supreme Court in downtown Richmond.
- MONROE, Wis. (AP) — A 16-year-old boy has admitted fatally shooting his newborn daughter and leaving her body inside a fallen tree in the woods in southern Wisconsin, according to prosecutors. Logan Kruckenburg-Anderson, of Albany, is charged as an adult with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He's being held on $1 million bail […]
- A U.S. Navy SEAL has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter for his role in the hazing death of a U.S. Army Green Beret in Africa.
- 35-year-old Cornelle Parker and 31-year-old Meredith Williams were arrested on drug charges, in Stafford, in addition to being wanted for outstanding warrants.
- A Philadelphia judge has denied a request to revoke bail for two Virginia men who traveled to the Pennsylvania Convention Center where votes were being counted and were arrested originally on weapons charges, despite prosecutors’ objections that they attended a rally last week that turned into a violent siege of the U.S. Capitol building.
- What we know about the about people arrested after photos, video showed them at the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot.
- One man is dead following a shooting in the 2300 block of Ambrose Street on Wednesday night. The Richmond Police Department identified Jamoine Tyler, a man in his 30s as the victim.