SCOTTSVILLE, N.Y. (WROC) – New York State Police arrested a driver who was heading the wrong way on I-90 near MPM 366 near Scottsville on Friday evening.
A trooper saw the driver heading westbound in the eastbound lanes. A short time later, NYSP received a call regarding an accident involving the suspect vehicle. According to NYSP, there were multiple reports of the suspect driver intentionally attempting to hit other vehicles.
The responding trooper observed the suspect vehicle which had pulled into the Scottsville Service Area. NYSP said the suspect vehicle intentionally hit a pedestrian in the rest area and was approaching the trooper.
The trooper then fired his weapon at the suspect’s vehicle. The vehicle fled the rest area and re-entered I-90 eastbound. The trooper rendered medical aid to the injured pedestrian.
The suspect vehicle was stopped near MPM 363 at around 8:40 p.m. State Police located the vehicle unoccupied and then observed the suspect next to a business nearby.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department helped NYSP take the driver into custody.
The suspect was not struck by the gunfire and was not injured. The investigation is ongoing.
NYSP identified the driver as 37-year-old Emmett Ellis from Auburn, New York. He was charged for two counts of assault in the second degree, one count of reckless endangerment in the second degree and one count of assault in the third degree.
Ellis was arraigned in Henrietta Court and was remanded to the Monroe County Jail in leu of $20,000 cash/ $400,000 bond.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- The Ashland Police Department are looking into who is behind pieces of Nazi propaganda found posted on several businesses in town early Sunday morning.
- Richmond police are investigating after a woman was found dead from an apparent gunshot wound on Saturday night.
- Police responded to calls of shots fired Saturday night and found a victim suffering from a gunshot wound. Officers from Richmond Police Department arrived at the scene on the 2000 block of Maury Street, where they found the victim and transported them to a nearby hospital for treatment
- The Henrico County Police Department is investigating a disturbing letter from a known hate group delivered to a resident in Sandston.
- The Ettrick Deli of River Road in Chesterfield County has been burglarized for the fifth time in three months, and now police in Chesterfield are looking for the public's help in identifying a suspect in the most recent break-in.
- More than 10 years after Samantha Clarke went missing from her home in Orange County, investigators are reclassifying the case as an abduction and murder investigation.
- Officials are reporting a possible bomb threat at the Virginia Supreme Court in downtown Richmond.
- MONROE, Wis. (AP) — A 16-year-old boy has admitted fatally shooting his newborn daughter and leaving her body inside a fallen tree in the woods in southern Wisconsin, according to prosecutors. Logan Kruckenburg-Anderson, of Albany, is charged as an adult with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He's being held on $1 million bail […]
- A U.S. Navy SEAL has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter for his role in the hazing death of a U.S. Army Green Beret in Africa.
- 35-year-old Cornelle Parker and 31-year-old Meredith Williams were arrested on drug charges, in Stafford, in addition to being wanted for outstanding warrants.