VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Police have confirmed they are investigating a deadly officer-involved shooting at the Oceanfront.
Virginia Beach and Norfolk officers were serving felony warrants to a male fugitive in the 200 block of 35th Street around 11:25 a.m. on Friday when the shooting happened.
Officers tried to save the man’s life, but he died from his injuries. The man was later identified as 23-year-old Alvin Lamont Baum II, of Norfolk. No officers were injured.
Officers found a handgun near the man during their investigation.
The VBPD is conducting an internal investigation into the shooting with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney.
Stay with WAVY News 10 on air and online for updates on this breaking news.
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Virginia house bill would allow some to opt out of the COVID-19 vaccine
- From distributing meals to distributing vaccines, school nurses work to be ‘part of the solution’