Police in Richmond say an 82-year-old man was found dead in a wooded area off West Leigh Street Friday afternoon.
He was identified as Thomas Cooper, of the 600 block of Fourqurean Lane.
Officers responded to reports of a ‘person down’ in the 1100 block of West Leigh Street at around 1:15 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 and found an adult male unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators say no foul play is suspected.
RPD was searching for Cooper after a missing persons report was filed early October. He walked away from the Brook Haven Adult Home on Monday, September 30.
Nearby George W. Carver Elementary School was put on lockdown as a ‘precautionary measure,’ an RPS spokesperson told 8News, though the investigation is unlikely to disrupt dismissal.
Major Crimes detectives are on scene and are investigating. The Medical Examiner will determine cause and manner of death.
- Market at 25th closes for sanitation after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- 36 students from Illinois high school test positive for COVID-19
- In the open: White House advisers tussle over virus response
- County hosts lonely sendoff for former Mississippi state flag
- Families outraged to learn Missouri pharmacist who sold fake drugs to be released from prison