Police in Richmond say an 82-year-old man was found dead in a wooded area off West Leigh Street Friday afternoon.
He was identified as Thomas Cooper, of the 600 block of Fourqurean Lane.
Officers responded to reports of a ‘person down’ in the 1100 block of West Leigh Street at around 1:15 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25 and found an adult male unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators say no foul play is suspected.
RPD was searching for Cooper after a missing persons report was filed early October. He walked away from the Brook Haven Adult Home on Monday, September 30.
Nearby George W. Carver Elementary School was put on lockdown as a ‘precautionary measure,’ an RPS spokesperson told 8News, though the investigation is unlikely to disrupt dismissal.
Major Crimes detectives are on scene and are investigating. The Medical Examiner will determine cause and manner of death.
- Tokyo Olympics allowing only 50% capacity — 10K local fans — in venues
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Henrico holding job fair for bus drivers
- Petition to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after space trip nears 40,000 signatures
- Will Smith opening up, will release memoir ‘Will’ in November