HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Hampton police are investigating after a woman died in a double shooting Friday night.
The shooting happened in the 2000 block of West Mercury Boulevard around 11:48 PM.
Police say a 33-year-old woman died at the hospital, and a 41-year-old man is suffering from non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the two victims were shot while sitting in their car.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- According to police, officers responded to the 7900 block of Audubon Avenue just after 8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 5 after someone saw what appeared to be a man injured on the sidewalk. The man was pronounced dead at the scene with at least one gunshot wound to the upper body.
- Virginia State Police have arrested and charged the driver in a single-vehicle crash that resulted in the death of another teen in Rockingham County north of Harrisonburg.
- According to police, officers responded to a home on the 14400 block of Sedona Drive for a report of a home invasion. It was determined that before the incident took place, there was a fight outside between a resident of the home and two people he knew.
- According to the City of Fairfax Police Department, at around 6:15 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1, the two people pictured went into the ULTA on the 9600 block of Main Street and stole around $2,300 worth of merchandise.
- A Henrico mother is continuing to seek justice for her son after he was killed in a hit-and-run in July.
- Police in Henrico County caught the man they say robbed at least seven businesses at gunpoint.
- The Prince William County Police Department is currently investigating a deadly crash involving a pedestrian in the Quantico area.
- According to the Prince William County Police Department, officers responded to the 10700 of Battleview Parkway in the Manassas area at around 1:46 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 3 for a report of a shooting.
- A Petersburg family is mourning the loss of a young mother who was shot and killed inside the Artist Space Lofts on Friday.
- The Petersburg Bureau of Police has reportedly arrested a suspect after a shooting victim was flown to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries.