Florida man survives after chair leg pierces his throat


BRADENTON, Fla. (ABC27) – A Florida man nearly lost his life in a freak accident that happened when he was moving pool furniture.

Charles Lee told ABC affiliate WFTS-TV he was moving a chaise lounge when a gust of wind knocked him into the pool and the leg of the chair pierced his throat.

“I was stunned,” Lee said. ”I’d been lifted off my feet by this wind, and when I came up, my jaw hurt.”

Lee was treated at a hospital emergency room and had more than a dozen stitches. He says the chair leg missed his carotid artery by two centimeters, about three-quarters of an inch.

Lee also received a tetanus shot. The chair is rusted.

“I have a couple of guardian angels looking over me,” Lee told WFTS. “That’s in fact what the E.R. doctors said, too.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events