HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Hopewell’s Fire Department is being recognized for its response to a tragic situation.
Hopewell’s Bureau of Fire received the “Outstanding Fire Department Response” for their handling of the shooting of Richmond firefighter Lt. Ashley Berry on Thanksgiving night at the Governor’s Fire Service Awards.
Berry died later than night, but the governor’s office says the pre-hospital treatment in Hopewell gave comfort to her family and colleagues.
Richmond’s Fire Department nominated Hopewell Fire-Rescue for their valiant efforts.
- U.S. News U.S. ‘wasted’ months before preparing for virus pandemic
- In years before outbreak, investment in public health shrunk
- Virginia Beach putting homeless in hotels to blunt virus
- Coronavirus skeptic gains new perspective after being hospitalized with it
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docking in Florida