EDMOND, Okla. (KFOR) – They’re not quite old enough to vote, but they know who the candidates are.
Four-year-old twin girls from Edmond, Koti and Haven, are little balls of energy. Their mom, Adrea Garza, dressed her twins up as President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.
Every year, Garza goes all out for Halloween, but this year they had a larger audience … millions of TikTok users.
“I never imagined we’d have 2.6 million views on this,” said Garza.
Millions of views in a matter of two days.
“They know they were Joe Biden and Donald Trump and see them on TV talking all the time, so they know they’re somebody. I don’t think they understand quite yet who they are,” said Garza.
The twins were born right before the election four years ago, and that’s where the idea came from.
“I had to hunt down some boys’ suits for them,” said Garza.
The costumes came complete with campaign signs and even some facials. Garza says her intention was just to have some fun.
“A lot of people on TikTok were going back and forth (about) their opinions and views and it ended up being a go vote message!”
Garza said she’s also teaching her girls along the way there’s nothing they can’t do.
“One of the comments I kept getting was ‘let your kid pick their own costume, they’re little girls, they probably want to dress as princesses,’ and I thought ‘how sexist is that? Why wouldn’t my girls want to dress as the president?’” she said. “I want to teach my girls to aspire to be the president of the United States one day, not to be a fairytale princess that doesn’t exist… so I’d rather them dress as the president than a princess!”
Garza says the twins are already excited to dress up as the candidates in the 2024 election.
You can follow the twins on Tik Tok @garzacrew.
2020 ELECTION COVERAGE
- Trump ally, former NJ governor Chris Christie: president's election fraud claims are a 'national embarrassment'In an interview on Sunday, former New Jersey Governor and frequent Trump aide Christie condemned the Trump team's challenges against the victory of president-elect Joe Biden as "a national embarrassment."
- President Donald Trump’s campaign has requested a recount of votes in the Georgia presidential race, a day after state officials certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the state.
- Georgia’s top elections official on Friday certified results showing Democrat Joe Biden won the presidential race in the state after a hand tally stemming from a mandatory audit affirmed the Democrat’s lead over Republican President Donald Trump.
- Fighting to challenge an election he lost to President-elect Joe Biden, Trump has launched a barrage of lawsuits across the country. Top Republicans have stood behind him and said they will wait for those cases to be resolved before officially recognizing the winner, a standard that has no modern precedent.
- WILMINGTON, Del. (NEXSTAR/AP)- President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris held a news conference Thursday afternoon after meeting with the National Governor Association's leadership team. The National Governor Association's leadership team is comprised of five Republicans and four Democrats. According to the Associated Press, all of the Democrats and a majority of the Republicans […]
- Democratic Party officials in Virginia sent a letter Thursday to Richmond's Electoral Board calling for the resignation of the city's general registrar, J. Kirk Showalter, or for the board to dismiss Showalter over her handling of the 2020 election.
- A divide has begun to emerge among Democrats between the progressive and moderate wings of the party, stemming from a disappointing election performance.
- SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — When Gov. Brian Kemp won election two years ago, he pushed back forcefully against an outcry from Democrats who accused him of suppressing voter turnout to improve his odds of winning. “Look, we have laws on the books that prevent elections from being stolen from anyone,” Kemp, who oversaw that election […]
- Virginia's election results were certified Wednesday during a brief state Board of Elections meeting, two days after they were initially scheduled to be finalized.
- In normal times, the certification of election results is a routine process that doesn’t get much attention. But these are not normal times. As part of an ongoing series of attacks on the integrity of the election, President Donald Trump and his Republican allies are trying to stop the formal certification of results in some […]