RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office said they arrested a 17-year-old Newport News boy linked to a fatal shooting, early Saturday morning.
Police said the teenager shot the victim, Jordan Miller, 15, of James City County, on the night of Dec. 13, at the 100 block of Drew Road. Miller was transported to a local hospital where he later died.
The 17-year old was charged with one count of second degree murder, and one count of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Newport News Police Department in the apprehension of the offender.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- 2 Florida elementary teachers accused of stumbling into wrong house after drinking, shooting residentAccording to an arrest affidavit, one of the teachers mistakenly climbed into bed with the man, his wife and their baby, and the other teacher went to the bathroom before the male occupant of the house escorted them out.
- A Texas nurse was convicted Tuesday of capital murder in the deaths of four patients who died after prosecutors say he injected them with air following heart surgeries.
- The Transportation Security Administration said officers at Richmond International Airport stopped a Richmond woman from taking a loaded handgun onto a flight on Tuesday.
- A man charged with raping a woman on a commuter train just outside of Philadelphia harassed her for more than 40 minutes while multiple people held up their phones to seemingly record the assault without intervening, authorities said.
- The flyer listed the names of Confederate generals and threatened recipients saying "commies, you took down statues, you'll be took down too."
- Richmond Police are investigating a shooting that killed a man in the east end of the city.
- Richmond police are searching for a van they say was involved in a hit and run on Walmsley Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
- RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — The Radford City Sheriff's Office is investigating after three deer were found over the last week with their heads, antlers, and tails cut off their bodies. According to the sheriff's office, at least one person shot two large whitetail deer with a crossbow on Wednesday, Oct. 13. Upon investigation, authorities say […]
- A man drove himself to the hospital while suffering from a gunshot wound Tuesday afternoon, police told 8News.
- A Richmond man died after being stabbed during a domestic-related incident Sunday night.