RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office said they arrested a 17-year-old Newport News boy linked to a fatal shooting, early Saturday morning.
Police said the teenager shot the victim, Jordan Miller, 15, of James City County, on the night of Dec. 13, at the 100 block of Drew Road. Miller was transported to a local hospital where he later died.
The 17-year old was charged with one count of second degree murder, and one count of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.
The York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the Newport News Police Department in the apprehension of the offender.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Petersburg police say a woman was killed in a shooting last night in Petersburg and that the suspect has been arrested.
- A Delaware man has been arrested and charged after he reportedly used his car to drag a Virginia State Police officer along Interstate 295 on Friday night.
- The Virginia Commonwealth University Police Department has arrested and charged a person of interest in a robbery and carjacking that happened on Tuesday afternoon at the university’s medical school campus.
- Court documents obtained by The Daily Progress have revealed new insight into the weaponry found in the University of Virginia shooting suspect's dorm room after it was searched by Virginia State Police.
- The Sussex County Sheriff's Office has released further details on a person of interest wanted in connection to a triple shooting in the town of Waverly.
- The former medical director of a Virginia hospital that serves vulnerable children has been charged with four felony sex crimes in connection with abuse at the facility years ago, according to a prosecutor and court records.
- President of DC children's non-profit pled guilty for spending charity funds on travel, cars, shoppingThe president of a DC non-profit dedicated to helping children pleaded guilty to credit card fraud in a scheme that saw him blow the charity's funds on $120 restaurant bills and plane tickets for his personal travel.
- Henrico police have arrested and charged a suspect in connection to a homicide shooting situation at a Walmart parking lot in Tuckahoe.
- Former Virginia State Police trooper in cross-country murder investigation bought Saltville home days before crimesFormer Virginia State Police trooper Austin Lee Edwards, 28 — the suspect in a cross-country investigation after three family members were murdered in Riverside, Calif. — purchased a house in Saltville, Va., just days before authorities said he traveled across the country to commit these crimes.
- Hardy is believed to be riding a red 2017 Nissan four-door with Virginia tags UAZ-1405. Anyone who believed they may have seen Hardy's vehicle of has information related to his whereabouts is asked to call the Sussex County Sheriff's Office at 434-246-5000.