(WFLA) — Within the next 24 hours, hardworking Americans across the country will be rushing to meet the deadline to file their taxes.
This year, many don’t have much to forward to. The IRS says the number of refunds has dropped because of new tax laws.
But not to worry! Some local businesses are stepping up to help make the day a little brighter.
This year, millions of Americans nationwide will owe money to the IRS this year. That number is expected to be bigger than last year, but there are plenty of Tax Day deals so you can save a buck.
Look, you’ve waited long enough and the dreaded deadline is here. Federal income tax returns are due Monday, April 15.
For many, parting with your hard-earned money is such sweet sorrow. So hopefully these sweet deals will lessen the burden.
- Applebees: Applebee’s has an April drink special, the Strawberry Dollarita with a Twizzler straw, for $1.
- Burgerfi: Get a $4.15 BurgerFi Cheeseburger on Monday through the BurgerFi app only. Go to www.burgerfi.com/rewards to download the app.
- Firehouse Subs: Literally get this bread with a free medium sub when you buy a full price medium or large sub, chips and a drink.
- Hooter’s: From April 14-15 kids eat free. Celebrate those child tax write-offs by taking the whole family to Hooters and let get your kid’s meal comped with the purchase of an adult meal $10 or more.
- Office Depot: Through April 27, you can shred up to five pounds of documents for free with this coupon.
- Planet Fitness: Through April 20, you can use available HydroMassage chairs with a coupon that will be available at www.planetfitness.com