JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — One person was killed and another was hospitalized after a Wednesday morning house fire in James City County.
8News Sister Station WAVY reports the fire broke out a home in the Ford’s Colony subdivision — in the 100 block of Worplesdon — of the county.
Crews responded to the blaze shortly after 7 a.m. It took them roughly 30 minutes to mark the fire under control.
The deceased victim has been identified as 72-year-old Thomas Collier. The person who was taken to the hospital was said to be suffering from ‘breathing issues.’
Investigators said Wednesday afternoon that the fire was caused by ‘smoking materials.’
- Maryland Walmart employee becomes unlikely viral sensation
- Ryan Newman walking around, playing with daughters in hospital 2 days after Daytona 500 wreck
- Burger King launches new ad featuring moldy Whopper
- Arkansas police officer volunteers for “daddy-daughter dance”
- Little girl stabbed at Texas McDonald’s