JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — One person was killed and another was hospitalized after a Wednesday morning house fire in James City County.
8News Sister Station WAVY reports the fire broke out a home in the Ford’s Colony subdivision — in the 100 block of Worplesdon — of the county.
Crews responded to the blaze shortly after 7 a.m. It took them roughly 30 minutes to mark the fire under control.
The deceased victim has been identified as 72-year-old Thomas Collier. The person who was taken to the hospital was said to be suffering from ‘breathing issues.’
Investigators said Wednesday afternoon that the fire was caused by ‘smoking materials.’
- Coach Fuente hopes Hokies ‘able to play’ Wolfpack this week
- Everything you need to know: Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10k
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- University of Richmond’s president to step down in 2022
- Richmond’s emergency childcare intiative could start in next few weeks