POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police have identified the Powhatan woman killed in a two-vehicle crash Friday afternoon as 56-year-old Rebecca Wolf.
Police responded to the scene on Huguenot Trail (Route 711) and Judes Ferry Road at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
The preliminary investigation revealed that 19-year-old Jason Talbott was driving a Ford F-550 that was hauling a trailer with a skid-steer loader westbound on Huguenot Trail. Police said Talbott brakes to avoid striking a vehicle in front of him and veered left crossing the center of the highway into eastbound travel lanes.
The Volkswagen SUV driven by Wolf was struck head on. Wolf died at the scene. She was wearing her seat belt.
Talbott has been charged with reckless driving and driving suspended.
The crash remains under investigation with the assistance of the Virginia State Police Crash Reconstruction Team and the Safety Division Motor Carrier Unit.
- Many will be shopping online this holiday season & crooks are counting on it
- Was the first Thanksgiving actually in Virginia? The descendant of one settler says no question
- Chesterfield Christmas tree farm opens early due to demand
- StormTracker 8: Mild with extra clouds tonight
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments