2 injured, 1 critically, in apartment fire started by gasoline

Local News
Ambulance Crime emergency 911_1535746247818.png.jpg

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — Two people were injured after an apartment fire Saturday morning, according to fire officials. 

Just before 11 a.m., Colonial Heights and  Chesterfield fire crews responded to an apartment fire in the 1200 block of Boulevard. No flames were visible but first responders treated two burn victims.

One was taken to VCU Medical in critical condition. 

Fire officials say a flash fire started as a result of gasoline being used as a floor stripper. An electrical spark inside the apartment ignited the gasoline vapors. 

Estimated damage is about $5,000. 

Find 8News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

More Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events