LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the death of a 21-year-old male after an apparent drowning in Lake Anna.
The victim has been identified as Patrick Byrnes from Vienna.
Police say Byrnes was reported to be a strong swimmer and had come to Lake Anna to visit a friend.
He was reportedly swimming in the water off of Old Mill Road and was last seen swimming out to a floating chair twenty feet from the end of a dock.
Marine units from the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office, Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, Game and inland Fisheries, and Louisa and Spotsylvania County Fire & EMS searched the area without success.
The body of the man was later located by the Spotsylvania County Dive Team and has been taken to the Medical Examiner.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated with more information.
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- Sonic adds Halloween-inspired drinks to its menu
- Chesterfield County Public Schools reports 18 cases of COVID-19 since teachers and staff returned