LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Louisa County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the death of a 21-year-old male after an apparent drowning in Lake Anna.
The victim has been identified as Patrick Byrnes from Vienna.
Police say Byrnes was reported to be a strong swimmer and had come to Lake Anna to visit a friend.
He was reportedly swimming in the water off of Old Mill Road and was last seen swimming out to a floating chair twenty feet from the end of a dock.
Marine units from the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office, Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, Game and inland Fisheries, and Louisa and Spotsylvania County Fire & EMS searched the area without success.
The body of the man was later located by the Spotsylvania County Dive Team and has been taken to the Medical Examiner.
This is a breaking news story and will be updated with more information.
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Jennifer King still soaking in opportunity with Washington Football Team
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years