HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Three people are behind bars after striking two police vehicles in a stolen car, according to police.
Virginia State Police received reports that a truck was stolen from a work zone on Interstate-95 at the 88.6-mile marker. Troopers located the stolen vehicle on Route 1 near Lewistown Road.
After police tried to pull the vehicle over, a police chase ensued.
“The subject continued to drive recklessly taking several side streets off of Route 1 and striking two marked trooper vehicles in the process,” police said in a release.
The chase ended when the driver pulled over on Route 1 just south of Ashcake Road with the assistance of the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office and Ashland Police Department.
Three people, 2 men and 1 woman were taken into custody without further incident.
One trooper sustained minor injuries after his vehicle was struck and was transported to the hospital for treatment.
An investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending at this time.
- Cierre de dos semanas es una posible opción en Virginia para impedir la propagación de COVID-19 después del Día de Acción de Gracias
- Los juguetes navideños más populares: BBB advierte sobre ofertas de venta flash imprescindibles
- Trump se propone vetar el proyecto de ley de defensa sobre el cambio de nombre de las bases en honor a los confederados
- Parenting during the pandemic: how you can get virtual help for free
- StormTracker 8: Sunny, cool today; Rain for Thanksgiving