HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — According to Hanover County Fire and EMS, two males are critically injured and one male remains in serious condition following an ATV accident Wednesday.
Three neighbors tell 8News those injured in the ATV accident were a young adult and two children. All three victims are brothers.
Visibly emotional after the incident, one neighbor, spoke with 8News, saying that the three victims were at their house swimming prior to the ATV crash. The neighbor, who did not wish to be identified, said they remember waving goodbye to the trio as they made their way home.
The county’s sheriff and fire department were called to the 12300 block of Quail Oak Court just before 3:10 p.m. for three “critically injured patients that were ejected from an ATV approximately 75 feet down a ravine,” according to Greg Martin, with Hanover Fire.
Martin later clarified that one patient had been upgraded to serious, not critical condition.
All three were taken to VCU Medical. According to Martin, two were airlifted and another was taken by ambulance.
The sheriff’s office says a preliminary investigation is ongoing.
- More EBT benefits going out in Virginia on Wednesday to help families of virtual learning students
- Coronavirus update: 7-day testing average down 1% since last week
- Popular YouTuber says he fired ‘warning shot’ after man showed up at his door in Arkansas
- Put on the spot over white supremacy, President Trump tells Proud Boys to ‘stand by’
- Kentucky AG asks for delay in release of Breonna Taylor grand jury recordings