STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Charges are pending against a firearm owner after the weapon was accidentally brought to a Stafford County school by a 5-year-old student.
According to the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office, deputies learned from an administrator at Anne. E. Moncure Elementary School that a student had brought a gun to school.
“The weapon was discovered inside the student’s backpack during class and it was confiscated by staff,” deputies said in a statement. “The Sheriff’s Office responded and seized the firearm.”
Deputies add the student “inadvertently” grabbed an adult’s backpack from the vehicle he was in instead of his own during drop-off.
All parties were cooperative with the investigation, deputies added.
- Virginia National Guard will have 1,000 Soldiers and Airmen remain on duty in Washington, D.C.
- Virginia State police searching for missing senior
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Red-hot Florida State routs No. 20 Clemson 80-61
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game