(WRIC) — To prevent another shortage, the American Red Cross said on Wednesday that they are in need of blood donors.
As hospitals resume non-essential surgeries, the demand for blood has grown. With many businesses still closed as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, blood drives have been canceled.
The Red Cross says people who are healthy can still schedule an appointment to donate. The organization did experience a blood shortage at the start of the pandemic.
Click here for more information on the American Red Cross in Virginia.
- Police: 51-year-old man drowns in Lake Anna
- StormTracker 8: Clouds linger overnight
- Sculpture in Rocketts Landing knocked over after being backed into by a vehicle
- Widow condemns “barbaric” death of driver beaten over masks
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire