PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield Police have identified the body that was found last week in the Appomattox River.
According to a release, authorities reported to the area Roslyn Landing Park in Colonial Heights at around 9:15 p.m. on June 4 after a body was discovered in the river by members of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
Police later identified the victim as 52-year-old Aaron P. Hegele, 52, of Norfolk.
A DGIF spokesperson said that the incident did not initially appear to be boating related. CCPD said at this point in their investigation, no foul play is suspected.
Police continue their investigation. Anyone with any information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660.
- Hopewell elementary school to close Monday after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November