CAROLINE COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Authorities say a cat tested positive for rabies in Caroline County.
Virginia Department of Health says a female cat was captured in the 1400 block of Long Branch Rd. after reports that the feline sometimes acted “aggressively” and was known to have bitten people.
Lt. J. C. Heffler, of the county’s Animal Control Unit, said “in this particular situation, the cat that tested positive for rabies was left by a previous tenant and the current occupants had been feeding the “very friendly” cat for two years.”
Anyone in the area who believes their pet was exposed to the rabid animal should contact Caroline Sheriff’s dispatch at (804) 633-5400 and/or the Caroline County Environmental Health Department at (804) 633-6237.
- Harris planea su primer viaje al extranjero, visitará México y Guatemala
- Richmond Police identify victim in Stockton Street death investigation
- Sitio de vacunación en Arthur Ashe Center se cierra para dar paso a 4 centros comunitarios
- Las próximas clínicas de vacunas en el condado de Dinwiddie administrarán Pfizer, Moderna en lugar de J&J
- After lost dog found, owner says pet rescue won’t give it back