CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — The Chesterfield County General District Court will be closed Monday, Jan. 11 and Tuesday, Jan. 12 due to COVID-19 concerns.
The county reported 244 cases of coronavirus on Jan. 9, a jump of 99 cases from the day prior. The county’s 7-day average of cases per 100,000 people is 47.4.
Chesterfield courts were closed for three days Jan. 4-6, but reopened for business on Jan. 8 and 9.
During the upcoming closure, only video pre-trial, protective order and bond hearings will be held.
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Virginia lawmakers vote to remove statue of segregationist
- Baseball Hall of Famer, former all-time home run leader Hank Aaron has died