CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An 18-year-old linked to a September shooting in Chesterfield is now behind bars, according to police.
Officers say Kiwante U. Walker is charged with attempted murder, aggravated malicious wounding and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. According to police, Walker was involved in a shooting in the 20200 block of Rowanty Court on Sept. 27.
There, offices located a man inside a vehicle suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries.
At this time, the victim remains stable.
Police continue to investigate this incident. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app.
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A two-week shutdown is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Henrico woman pleads guilty to directing laser pointer at police plane
- Conexus ‘Gift of Light’ campaign gifts Richmond student in need
- Chesterfield police investigating stabbing