CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Chesterfield County Fire Department said a house fire that happened Wednesday evening has displaced a family of four.
Emergency crews say the fire happened in the 3400 block of Castlebury Drive.
Assistant Fire Chief John Boatwright said a call for the fire came in at 6:28 p.m. and first responders arrived within six minutes of the call. Firefighters got the flames under control within 30 minutes.
Boatwright said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and spread to the back of the house, damaging the first and second floors. He added it appears to have been accidental.
The fire displaced a family of four, two adults and two children. Boatwright said family was helping them out and there were no injuries reported.
- Car fire on S Plaza Trail in Virginia Beach
- DOD: Captain killed in ‘non-combat related vehicle incident’ overseas, Air Force death investigation underway
- Mike Tyson returns to ring, draws in exhibition with Jones
- Dave Prowse, actor who played Darth Vader, dies at 85
- Vanderbilt K Fuller becomes first woman to play in Power 5