CHESTER, Va. (WRIC) –The Chesterfield County Public Schools School Board approved a new early education academy in Chester.
The board approved of the center at its Nov. 10 meeting. The center, for pre-kindergarteners, will serve students from 12 elementary schools.
The new academy will be housed at the old Harrowgate Elementary School after an almost $4 million renovation.
We are excited to move forward with this project and begin retrofitting the old Harrowgate Elementary. Due to existing space constraints, there is an unmet need in our community for pre-kindergarten services. This new academy will help us better meet that need and serve additional pre-kindergarten students, while also freeing up operational space within existing schools for anticipated student enrollment growth.Debbie Bailey, School Board Chair
The district said the new center will open next fall. You can find more information about it online here.
- VIDEO: Protestors gather outside of RPD on Friday night
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump