CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A family of four and a dog is without a home after a fire in a Chesterfield neighborhood Wednesday morning.
Fire-EMS crews responded to the scene around 6 a.m. Crews saw flames coming from the front and left side of the house.
It took firefighters about an hour to get the residential fire on the 14800 block of Blue Rock Road under control.
Authorities said the family was able to get out safely thanks to fire alarms. The family will be staying with a relative.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- Hobby Lobby to end 40% off coupon at the end of February