CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A family of four and a dog is without a home after a fire in a Chesterfield neighborhood Wednesday morning.
Fire-EMS crews responded to the scene around 6 a.m. Crews saw flames coming from the front and left side of the house.
It took firefighters about an hour to get the residential fire on the 14800 block of Blue Rock Road under control.
Authorities said the family was able to get out safely thanks to fire alarms. The family will be staying with a relative.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Police: Pedestrian struck in Short Pump, has critical injuries
- 5 injured after deck collapses in Virginia
- A conversation with Daniel Gade, the Republican facing Mark Warner in Virginia Senate race
- Nation’s top military leaders put on hot seat about their role in Trump’s church photo op
- Trump executive order touts Hispanic prosperity