CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Two firefighters suffered ‘minor’ injuries while battling a house fire in Chesterfield County Wednesday afternoon.
Lt. Jason Elmore with Chesterfield Fire & EMS said his department responded to the fire in the 19800 block of Piedmont Avenue in Ettrick shortly before 2:30 p.m. It took crews roughly 50 minutes to mark the incident ‘under control.’
The initial report came in as a transformer on fire, officials said. When crews marked on scene, they found a house on fire as well as power lines down near the home, though it is unclear at this time what sparked the fire.
One adult who was inside the home when the fire broke out made it out of the home safely and is being assisted by Red Cross.
The two firefighters who were injured were treated on scene and are expected to be OK
8News has a crew headed to the scene. Stay here for updates.
- EPA approves 2 Lysol products as first disinfectants that kill COVID-19
- FDA adds to list of hand sanitizers to avoid, making it 14 total
- Girl Scouts offers virtual camp and outdoor activities nationwide
- Sheriff: Man loses arm-wrestling match with son, pulls gun
- Beats by Dre announces Bubba Wallace endorsement deal: ‘Hate cannot win the day’