CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A drunk driver crashed into a tree in Chesterfield Monday night, authorities said.
Sgt. Rollins with the Chesterfield Police Department tweeted photos of the accident and said the man was uninjured but highly intoxicated.
According to police, the man’s roadside test was .22. The legal limit is .08 and .40 can be fatal. The man was held at a Chesterfield jail.
Chesterfield police said the man was arrested and charged with driving under the influence.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A Tennessee woman is facing charges after police say she stole up to $60,000 in Nike merchandise from the DHL warehouse where she worked.
- A man was sentenced to life in prison today for raping a young girl last year, according to the Louisa County Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney.
- The office said Greensville County Public Schools reported that they received a social media threat on Dec. 7. Officials said the threat said the middle school would "be blown up."
- Around 8:27 a.m., Richmond Police responded to the 1600 block of Rosecrest Avenue and found a male victim dead with gunshot wounds.
- Testimony concluded in the Josh Duggar child pornography trial on Tuesday afternoon at the Western District of Arkansas federal courthouse in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- The woman told staff her order was taking too long before firing at least three shots, police said.
- The bodies of two 40-year-olds and their children aged 10, 8 and 4 were found with gunshot wounds at their home.
- An Indiana man has been convicted of 11 counts of production of child pornography in Louisa County.
- The Hopewell Police Department said it is investigating a shooting that injured a teenage boy over the weekend.
- The Richmond Police Department was called to a shooting on Southlawn Avenue in Richmond on Monday evening.