CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield authorities have identified the pedestrian who was struck and killed crossing Hull Street Road Sunday morning.
The pedestrian, who has been identified as 53-year-old Jeffrey W. Grantham, was struck by a driver traveling westbound on the 7000 block of Hull Street Road, police said. Officers responded to the call at 5:49 a.m.
“The driver of a 2015 Nissan Altima was traveling west on Hull Street Road when it struck a pedestrian who was attempting to cross the road,” police said in a release.
Grantham, of Chesterfield County, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police said the driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The fatal crash is still being investigated by Chesterfield Police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Chesterfield detectives still searching for answers to who killed a man in Bridget Court 11 years ago
- Best Cyber Monday deals for new tech for yourself, your office
- StormTracker8: Cooler & breezy today, warmer weather the rest of the work week
- 13 best Cyber Monday deals on Amazon
- Jack Dorsey announces resignation from Twitter