CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield authorities have identified the pedestrian who was struck and killed crossing Hull Street Road Sunday morning.
The pedestrian, who has been identified as 53-year-old Jeffrey W. Grantham, was struck by a driver traveling westbound on the 7000 block of Hull Street Road, police said. Officers responded to the call at 5:49 a.m.
“The driver of a 2015 Nissan Altima was traveling west on Hull Street Road when it struck a pedestrian who was attempting to cross the road,” police said in a release.
Grantham, of Chesterfield County, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Police said the driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The fatal crash is still being investigated by Chesterfield Police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-0660 or through the P3 app.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Dry today; rain for Thanksgiving
- 5 wanted for using counterfeit bills at Chesterfield-area Walmart
- Publix in Chesterfield latest target in string of grocery store robberies
- Dr. Avula: Community spread contributes to more nursing home staff unknowingly transmitting COVID-19
- What’s your preferred way to cook a turkey? Most in Virginia say…