CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Five people were displaced after a Chesterfield house fire early Tuesday morning.
The Chesterfield Fire Department said the fire began on the exterior of the building and spread to the attic due to a faulty chimney. The fire department was called to put out the blaze around 3 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7.
The home, located at the 10100 block of Brandywine Avenue, was unable to be immediately reinhabited after the fire. Fire officials say there were no injuries, and the five people displaced will stay with family.
- Why are firing squads for executions being debated again?
- Taking your dog on a walk? Hanover implementing ‘leash law’
- How Virginia home caretakers could lose support for their families
- StormTracker8: Warm morning; cooler & showery afternoon
- Portsmouth teen raising money for her future surpasses goal