CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A water main break forced dozens of Chesterfield residents to spend their first day of the new year without running water for nearly five hours.
Chesterfield County Utilities Department told 8News Wednesday that the water main break, located on Kingsdale Road near Route 1, shut off water for 63 homes in the area at 10 a.m.
Utility crews worked hours to pump out the water, replace the line and make Kingsdale Road passable again.
One nearby resident described what she woke up to on Wednesday morning.
“I tried the faucets and everything and none of it would come out,” said Robbin Friend. “No water, no little ‘bloop’ or nothing came out.”
It is still unknown what caused the water main break.
- No. 16 Virginia Tech pounds Wake Forest 84-46
- Kessler, Tar Heels rally from 16 down to upset No. 11 FSU
- Motorcyclist leads CHP on Interstate 5 chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- Virginia to receive 69,000 doses of FDA’s newly approved COVID-19 vaccine