CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two men in Chesterfield County were shot and sent to the hospital Thursday. Police said the victims are expected to survive.
A police spokesperson told 8News that officers are at an apartment complex in the 3200 block of Kim Drive investigating the double shooting, which took place around 1:55 p.m. The two men who were shot have non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
A description of a possible suspect was made not made immediately available by police. It’s why some residents told 8News they’re on edge.
“Very scary!” said Michelle Williams, an Ashley Villiage resident. “It’s very disturbing, it really is. My son had sent me a text to let me know what had happened and you know, I was just concerned about their safety.”
Williams said the area is kid-friendly. “It’s a nice and quiet neighborhood.”
But Thursday was different. Officers were on scene throughout the day investigating. A forensic unit probed the area as officers still don’t know if the shooting occurred inside or outside of the apartment.
8News learned a baby was inside the apartment during the shooting but was unharmed.
Anyone with information has been asked to call police or Crime Solvers.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Border Patrol: Bus passengers still subject to immigration searches at highway checkpoints
- ‘Beyond Bags!’ fundraiser to benefit non-profit that helps local cancer patients
- WATCH: Mardi Gras 2020 Coverage on the Gulf Coast
- Mother, teen daughter say they were ‘brutally assaulted’ for speaking Spanish in Boston
- Papa John’s Better Future Fund