CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield Police say a man was shot in the arm at Falling Creek Apartments Tuesday night following a robbery attempt.
His injuries are considered non-life-threatening.
Officers responded to the 2100 block of Marina Drive just after 7 p.m. for an assault with a deadly weapon. There, officers learned that the shooting victim was walking back to his apartment when someone tried to rob him. According to police, when the victim did not hand over his money, he was shot.
Police said the suspect ran away and robbed another man in the complex at gunpoint. The second robbery victim was not injured.
“This was just an unfortunate case of robberies, not specifically targeted,” police told 8News’ Sierra Fox at the scene.
The suspect is described by police as a young male in his 20s. He was last seen wearing a black tank top. Additional suspect information was not made available by police.
- Watch: Bear cub tries to get into Colorado home
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom in SC
- ‘Uber for evictions:’ Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs
- ‘Unfathomable’: US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism