CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Police in Chesterfield County are still investigating an August suspicious death that left a 24-year-old woman dead.
Police say that just before 8 a.m. Tuesday, Aug 27, officers were called to the area of Kingsland Glen Drive for a report of a “suspicious situation.” When officers arrived, they found a burned body.
Police identified the victim as Helana M. Swigert, 24, of no permanent address. Her cause of death has not yet been determined.
Police continue to investigate and urge anyone with information to contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at (804) 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at 804-748-066
- StormTracker 8: Mild on Monday; Mid-week 90s
- Gov. Northam declares state of emergency, Richmond curfew until June 3
- Photo Gallery: SpaceX rocket blasts off in historic flight to International Space Station
- St. Louis man dies after being dragged by FedEx truck following Friday night protest
- Ohio animal hospital offers free care for police horses injured during weekend protests