CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Publix in Chesterfield County is the latest grocery store to be robbed in RVA since Saturday.
Officers say a woman entered the store, located at 200 Charter Colony Parkway, shortly after 9:30 p.m. There, she approached an employee and demanded money while displaying a firearm, according to police.
The woman, described as 20-25 years of age, wearing a gray hooded jacket, blue pants, dark-colored hat, and black face mask, was given an undisclosed amount of money.
She was last seen running into the parking lot.
Police say another Publix, located at 13700 Hull Street Road, was robbed earlier in the day. Authorities say a suspect entered the store, walked up to an employee and demanded money just before 4:50 p.m.
No weapon was shown, however, the employee complied with the robber’s demand.
Law enforcement described the suspect as a 40-year-old man wearing a plaid button-up shirt, gray puffy jacket and black face mask.
He was last seen running into the parking lot.
The news comes after several high-end grocery stores, including Trader Joe’s and Wegmans, were robbed in Richmond and Henrico County over the last week.
Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at (804) 748-1251 or Crime Solvers at (804) 748-0660.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- A multi-agency investigation in Southern California led to the recovery of 33 children who had been missing, including eight who were sexually exploited, the FBI announced Friday.
- The VCU Police Department and Richmond Police Department arrested a man in connection to a pair of incidents where female VCU students reported being followed home by a stranger.
- A former ADT employee pleaded guilty in Texas court Thursday after admitting he hacked into the security feeds of hundreds of customers for "sexual gratification," prosecutors say.
- A 20-year-old man accused of stealing property from hotel guests took pairs of women's underwear and left a note with his phone number, new documents say.
- Richmond Police are investigating after a man in his 20s was killed early Friday morning.
- The Chesterfield County Police Department said they are investigating the death of an unidentified person whose remains were found at Pocahontas state Park on Wednesday.
- Richmond Police First Precinct detectives have arrested a suspect in a string of thefts from porches over the past several months.
- The U.S. District Attorney's Office says Chris Grider surrendered to FBI agents in Austin today. According to the warrant for his arrest, Grider admitted on camera to being there when Ashli Babbitt was shot outside the Speaker's Lobby.
- Police arrested an alleged serial killer accused of murdering several women at a New York City public housing complex for seniors dating back nearly six years.
- The Richmond Police Department is asking for the public's help finding a suspect linked to the burglary of a Boost Mobile store.