CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia State Police responded to a multiple-vehicle crash that claimed the life of a 23-year-old on southbound I-95 Friday morning.
VSP said their investigation revealed that 18-year-old La’ Isis Jones was driving a GMC van on I-95 southbound after 4:30 a.m. when she hydroplaned losing control. The van hit the jersey wall and landed in the left lane, authorities said.
A driver in a Chevrolet Impala then struck the van head on. He died at the scene, VSP said. State police identified him as 23-year-old Lydell M. Mosby of Richmond.
According to a witness, a white tractor-trailer hauling a red trailer sideswiped both vehicles. VSP is working to locate the tractor-trailer. They say the trailer should have damage or paint transfer.
Jones was taken to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
“Wet roadway conditions and speed are being considered factors into the cause of the crash,” VSP said. “Charges are pending at this time.”
Stay with us for updates.
- Tuttle, D lift No. 10 Indiana past No. 18 Wisconsin 14-6
- Armstrong, balance lead Virginia past Boston College, 43-32
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hockman, defense carry NC State over Georgia Tech, 23-13
- Richmond feeding agencies receive 20,000 pounds of potatoes from Society of St. Andrew