CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two people died Tuesday night following a fatal motorcycle versus pedestrian crash on Hull Street Road in Chesterfield.
According to police, the motorcycle versus a pedestrian fatal crash occurred in the 11300 block of Hull Street Road around 9:50 p.m.
29-year-old Chaz Matthew Wendt was driving a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle west on Hull Street Road when he struck a pedestrian crossing the street, police said.Wendt was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police said the pedestrian — who was later identified as 69-year-old Floyd J. Burkhammer — died on the scene.
“Preliminary investigation indicates that alcohol and speed contributed to this crash,” Chesterfield Police said.
Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Places of worship in California told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike
- StormTracker 8: Muggy tonight, still humid on Monday
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies of COVID-19, family says
- COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- Man faces criminal charges for riding wild horse on Assateague Island