CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two people died Tuesday night following a fatal motorcycle versus pedestrian crash on Hull Street Road in Chesterfield.
According to police, the motorcycle versus a pedestrian fatal crash occurred in the 11300 block of Hull Street Road around 9:50 p.m.
29-year-old Chaz Matthew Wendt was driving a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle west on Hull Street Road when he struck a pedestrian crossing the street, police said.Wendt was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police said the pedestrian — who was later identified as 69-year-old Floyd J. Burkhammer — died on the scene.
“Preliminary investigation indicates that alcohol and speed contributed to this crash,” Chesterfield Police said.
Anyone with information should contact the Chesterfield County Police Department at 804-748-1251.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Pittsburgh eases past Wake Forest 70-57 to snap 5-game skid
- Budget nominee Neera Tanden withdraws nomination amid opposition
- New York is ready for a new governor in 2022, NewsNation poll finds
- Report labels the best and worst states for children during the pandemic
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever