Unattended cooking sparks Chesterfield fire; five displaced

Chesterfield County

CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield fire crews are investigating a kitchen fire that displaced four adults and a child this afternoon.

Crews responded around 2:30 p.m. to Chiswick Road. They found fire in the kitchen that spread to the back of the home.

Four adults and a child weren’t hurt. A dog was able to get out safely as well. The Virginia Red Cross is helping three of the five.

Fire crews determined that unattended cooking started the fire. It was ruled accidental.

THE LATEST:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events