Cigarette butt causes fire scare at Library of Virginia

Local News
Capture56_1555445663436.JPG

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond fire crews responded to the Library of Virginia for what turned out to be a discarded cigarette butt.

Virginia Capitol Police say someone threw out a cigarette and it fell through an outside street grate. The butt caused items inside the grate to catch fire, and smoke alarms inside the building went off.

No one was hurt and no damage was done to the library.

Find 8News on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Richmond Headlines

More Richmond

Chesterfield Headlines

More Chesterfield County

Henrico Headlines

More Henrico County

Hanover Headlines

More Hanover County

The Tri-Cities Headlines

More The Tri-Cities

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events