COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — The City of Colonial Heights has lifted its voluntary evacuation order for residents near the dam at Lakeview Park off Lake Ave.
The announcement said city crews were able to complete work necessary to prevent immediate version. Sherwood Drive at Swift Creek reopened one lane to traffic today around 7 p.m.
City officials said they will continue to monitor the dam as floodwaters continue to spill over and advise residents are advised to stay away from the immediate area of the damn.
This is a breaking story, stay with 8News for updates.
- Petersburg Police arrest five, confiscate illegal weapons and drugs
- Danville man runs all the way to Richmond in five days, raising money for children in need
- Virginia Center Commons demolition starts in November, Henrico indoor sports center on course to replace
- Wake Forest beats No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16
- NAACP, community leaders push for all Hampton Road cities to observe Election Day in November as a holiday