RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Saturday, Jan. 23:
The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 4,904 new COVID-19 cases. The Commonwealth’s total case count has increased to 468,655. The number of deaths in the state is 6,079.
The state’s positivity rate continues to trend downward and is now at 12.8 percent.
Combined, the city of Richmond along with the counties of Henrico, Hanover and Chesterfield reported 433 new cases of COVID-19.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Virginia
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 36,817 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 2,615 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 567 are in the ICU and 320 are on a ventilator.
Vaccine summary for Virginia
VDH is reporting that 393,613 first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered as of Jan. 23.
A total of 50,147 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. A majority of the people fully vaccinated are in the 30-39 age group.
On average 19,754 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day. A total of 1,010,150 vaccines have been distributed.
Testing locations near you
- Tuesday, Jan. 26 – 10 a.m. to noon. Second Baptist Church, 3300 Broad Rock Blvd.
- Friday, Jan. 29 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern Henrico Health Dept., 1400 N Laburnum Ave.
- Monday, Jan. 25 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Second Baptist Church, 5100 West Hundred Road.
- Wednesday, Jan. 27 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. St. Augustine’s Catholic Church, 4400 Beulah Road.
- Saturday, Jan. 23 – 10 a.m. to noon. Chesterfield Health Department, 9501 Lucy Corr Circle
Click here to find a test near you.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 319 cases, 9 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 17,542 cases, 198 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 931 cases, 30 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 1,473 cases, 14 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 2,300 cases, 36 deaths
- City of Richmond: 11,884 cases, 119 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 1,312 cases, 18 deaths
- Goochland County: 943 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 5,375 cases, 93 deaths
- Henrico County: 16,996 cases, 331 deaths
- New Kent County: 959 cases, 7 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,192 cases, 7 deaths