HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center disclosed Monday that eight additional residents have died of the novel coronavirus, putting the center’s death toll from the virus at 28.
The long-term care facility in Henrico County has struggled with an outbreak that has now killed at least 28 residents and sickened hundreds.
“It is with heavy hearts that Canterbury reports the virus has claimed the lives of 28 COVID-19 positive patients,” Jeremiah Davis, Canterbury’s administrator, said Monday.
According to Davis, the ages of the residents who have died range from 56 to 98 years old.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- Residents hold parade for President Trump in Williamsburg
- No. 3 Notre Dame rides big plays to 45-3 win over Pitt
- Richmond Kickers lose to Chattanooga Red Wolves 2-1
- Petersburg Police arrest five, confiscate illegal weapons and drugs
- Danville man runs all the way to Richmond in five days, raising money for children in need