UPDATE: The 88-year-old man returned to his home this morning, Powhatan County deputies said Friday morning.
POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An 88-year-old man is missing out of Powhatan County, deputies announced Thursday.
Clarence Gee, originally from Texas, walked away from a residence in the 4000 block of Bell Road in Powhatan County around 11 a.m. Gee was last seen wearing a dark suit with a hat and a lime green shirt.
Deputies say Gee may not be that familiar with the area as he has only been living in Powhatan for a few days. According to authorities, he was walking near the intersection of Anderson Highway and Rt. 522. around noon.
“It is possible that Mr. Gee was picked up by a vehicle a short time later” deputies added.
Deputies confirmed that fact in a later release, saying that an unidentified driver picked up Gee and dropped him off at the main entrance of the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center. After further investigation, the said Gee spoke with an employee at the medical center and told them he was homeless and needed a place to stay.
Police say he may have been moved to the ER at some point but his current location is unknown. Gee may have walked out of the ER or be in a shelter somewhere in the city of Richmond.
If anyone has any information in reference to Mr. Clarence Gee please contact the Powhatan County Sheriff’s Office at (804) 598-5656.
- City in Kentucky using eminent domain to obtain property where convalescent home stands
- TikTok influencer shares domestic violence survival story
- Migrant moms take solace in children as they brace for Mother’s Day far from home
- Group walking 902 miles for human trafficking awareness stops in Richmond
- Pasquotank sheriff tells deputies involved in Andrew Brown Jr. shooting to temporarily relocate as safety precaution