CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — An employee at the DuPont Spruance plant in Chesterfield County died from COVID-19 complications, a company spokesman confirmed to 8News on Thursday.
The identity of the employee was not provided, but the company did say four other workers at the plant have tested positive for the virus. Those employees are in quarantine and recovering.
“The DuPont Spruance family is deeply saddened to report that one of our colleagues has passed away due to complications from the COVID-19 virus. Our deepest sympathy goes out to the family and friends of our colleague. We have offered our support to them during this extremely difficult time,” Ryan Smartt, a spokesman for Dupont, said in a statement Thursday.
“We can also confirm that four other Spruance employees have tested positive for the virus, and following medical evaluation, are quarantined and recovering,” Smartt continued.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- VSP issues missing senior alert for 80-year-old Fairfax man
- McCorkle hopes to fill UVA shooting void
- NASCAR is back and fans may be right behind
- MLB owners, players revert to salary squabbles of old
- NCAA Division 1 voluntary athletics activities begin as schools decide when to reopen