COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — State authorities are investigating a crash Thursday involving two tractor-trailers on Interstate-95 that sent three people to the hospital with minor injuries and caused flour to spill off of the interstate.
According to Virginia State Police, a tractor-trailer hauling pharmaceuticals was going south in the left lane of I-95 near mile marker 53 in Colonial Heights when the driver tried to veer into the right lane of travel. The tractor-trailer then side swiped another tractor-trailer, which was hauling flour.
The collision led to both tractor-trailers losing control and hitting the guardrail and running off the interstate, police said. The tractor-trailer carrying flour overturned, prompting the flour inside to spill outside of the trailer.
The woman driving the tractor-trailer hauling flour was taken for treatment of minor injuries and the man driving the other tractor-trailer, along with a female passenger, were also transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
Stay with 8News back for updates.
- Northam ‘welcomes’ investigation into draft report on Va. Parole Board as IG says governor’s office never got a copy
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- Police, VCU remain tight-lipped about investigation surrounding death of Adam Oakes as questions linger
- WGN America to rebrand as NewsNation with launch of new shows in March
- Lawmakers pass COVID-19 workers’ compensation bills