COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. (WRIC) — State authorities are investigating a crash Thursday involving two tractor-trailers on Interstate-95 that sent three people to the hospital with minor injuries and caused flour to spill off of the interstate.
According to Virginia State Police, a tractor-trailer hauling pharmaceuticals was going south in the left lane of I-95 near mile marker 53 in Colonial Heights when the driver tried to veer into the right lane of travel. The tractor-trailer then side swiped another tractor-trailer, which was hauling flour.
The collision led to both tractor-trailers losing control and hitting the guardrail and running off the interstate, police said. The tractor-trailer carrying flour overturned, prompting the flour inside to spill outside of the trailer.
The woman driving the tractor-trailer hauling flour was taken for treatment of minor injuries and the man driving the other tractor-trailer, along with a female passenger, were also transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
Stay with 8News back for updates.
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- RRHA CEO resigns, interim CEO appointed immediately
- GRTC to resume service 8am Monday
- GRTC confirms 8th positive employee case of COVID-19
- StormTracker 8: Mild on Monday; Mid-week 90s