(WRIC) — A gas leak that shut down a neighborhood and forced some residents from their homes in New Kent County Thursday morning has been resolved.
At around 9 a.m., the New Kent County Sheriff’s Office asked the public to avoid the Bottoms Bridge area of the county due to a gas leak in the Patriots Landing subdivision.
Jason Bishop, Battalion Chief for New Kent County Fire & Rescue, told 8News on scene they were called to the neighborhood at around 8:40 a.m. and discovered that an excavator damaged a 4-inch natural gas line.
Roughly 250 homes in the area were affected, and approximately 10 were evacuated as a precautionary measure.
All roads have since reopened and the leak has been fixed, a county spokesperson said.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story
- ‘This happened out of the blue’: COVID-related closure of Legends Grille blindsides workers
- ‘People are about to lose everything’: Bipartisan plan could extend unemployment before expiration date
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Justice Department investigating ‘bribery-for-pardon scheme’
- Henrico resident says officers walked into home ‘unannounced’ three times, police chief responds