HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two people are dead after police say a pickup truck collided with a sedan in Hanover County Tuesday.
Deputies responded to the area of West Patrick Henry Road, east of Tower Road for a two-vehicle crash just before 2:15 p.m.
According to deputies, a pickup traveling west crossed the solid lines and collided head-on with a sedan traveling east.
The driver and front passenger of the sedan was pronounced deceased at the scene. Two occupants of the sedan and the driver of the truck were taken to a local hospital for medical treatment.
Pending notification to the families, identities of those involved will be withheld.
Hanover County Sheriff’s Office spent about six hours on the scene investigating the double fatal crash.
“I think it was really, really bad it comes to that,” said Paul Shelton.
He approached a road closure sign at the intersection of Patrick Henry Road and King Road hours after the crash.
“My heart goes out to the family and we pray that something will be done to the area or the streets,” Shelton added.
Investigators are working to figure out what caused the accident.
Anyone with information relative to this incident is asked to please contact the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office at 804-365-6140.
- 36 students from Illinois high school test positive for COVID-19
- In the open: White House advisers tussle over virus response
- County hosts lonely sendoff for former Mississippi state flag
- Families outraged to learn Missouri pharmacist who sold fake drugs to be released from prison
- Congress considers adding cyber security position in the White House