HANOVER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A body was discovered inside a vehicle parked in an Ashland-area Walmart parking lot, according to police.
A spokesperson with Ashland Police Department tells 8News officials were called to the Walmart Supercenter, located in the 100 block of Hill Carter Parkway, just before 7 p.m.
At the scene, police told 8News they found a man dead inside a vehicle. According to officials, police said the death appears to be unattended, meaning they believe he died alone with no witnesses.
Authorities do not believe the death to be suspicious in nature.
“At this point in our investigation, we do not believe criminal foul play was involved but are still taking the proper steps to complete a thorough investigation,” Ashland Police said.
There is no threat to the community at this time, police added. No suspect is being sought.
The body discovered in the Walmart parking lot is Ashland’s second death investigation today. Earlier, the Hanover County Sheriff’s Office told 8News a man was found dead inside the Green Top Shooting Range.
Deputies would not say if the shooting is being considered a suicide or accidental, instead opting to tell 8News that the investigation was in its preliminary stages.
- StormTracker 8: Clearing skies and patchy fog tonight
- VDH suspends permit for Calabash Seafood in Mechanicsville
- Body found in private pond in Amelia County
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks